August and September 2017

August was nice and slow moving. Jake has been working hard to meet quarterly goals and just loves his job. Gwen and Emily are best little friends.

Nothing too exciting happened for us in August, but September sure started off with a pop! Jake had been experiencing some pain in his stomach and cramps for a month or so, but all of a sudden his pain intensified. He figured it was indigestion or heartburn, and wrote it off as such, all while continuing normal activities like basketball!

On Saturday morning, Jake went to another round of basketball with some buddies. I have an unsaid expectation--if you go out during the day or night time, you have to help with the work. This has made life easy because you can tell if you're really experiencing some issue--Sick people can't do anything! So Jake when to ball, and he helped with all the work around the house, bless his poor soul.

Sunday morning arrived along with early church and those preparations. Jake woke up, sat up in bed and said, "It's my appendix. I'm going to go to the hospital today." All I'm so mean that I was like, "ok, cool. Let's get going on getting people ready." HAHAHAH! We made it to church and sang the opening song. Emily had a dirty diaper, but we forgot the diaper bag. I told Jake, and he said, "If I go home, I'm going to go to the hospital." We picked everything up and walked right out of there. At this point, I was still certain he was just gassy! HA! I'm the worst! But he left for the urgent care/emergency room right by our home and within 30 minutes had a scan/tests that verified his appendix was hugely inflammed!

He got surgery that same day, and we were so blessed by some excellent friends. I dropped the girls off with the Blackburns and my parents came down from Snowflake and picked them up while I stayed with Jake at the hospital. He works in hospitals all day and watches surgeries like no one's business, but being on the other side is intimidating, so we're both glad we were together. His nurses were all kind, his surgeon was great, and knowing our girls were safe and happy was a great time.

Gwen started a sport's class on Wednesday. The kids meet up at a park and learn different exercises and sports, and she's really enjoyed it! They've learned how to stretch, how to cheer for each other, basketball, and football. Coach Spencer even has a parachute for the kids to play with and it is such a fun part of our week!

Jake had a work function that I got to attend, and IT WAS SO SWANKY! Every year his company buys a couple of tables for the Epilepsy Foundation Gala. The theme was "The Great Gatsby." It was our first time, so we had muted down outfits, but people dressed up so beautifully for the theme! We are excited to go along with next year's theme! The hotel we were at was so fancy and I loved it. I love cranking the A/C way down when staying at hotels. We got that room frozen and then passed out while the girls were with the nanny. It was magical.

Emily ate her first ice cream cone.

Emily learned how to crawl up the playground structures and how to go down the slide.

We got pre-approved for buying a house, and started looking around, but that's a story for another post. :)


Gwen is a doctor to anyone who falls asleep. This made me laugh so hard!

Playing with friends!

Gwen didn't want me to watch the scary part of "The Princess and the Frog"

Emily forever!

Emily sleeps so sprawled out! Gwen slept all bundled up. Cuties.

My dad and his new gun and new ranch!

Aunt Hannah got these adorable outfits in Thailand!

Emily's was a little loose here, but fits much better!

Jake!

I begged him not to get in that ambulance, but he wanted to stay hooked up to the morphine!

Emmers loves cucumbers!

Our cool hotel room!

First ice cream cone!

Gwen and Ian getting serious sun at sports class.

Emily loves playing the piano with me.

Look at that bruise! I don't remember how she got it but it was huge!

She's growing up so fast. Already driving!

Comments

Popular Posts