September 2016

This September was an interesting one. Jake was hired by another medical sales company and had to go to training. For his past jobs, training has been a week or two. This company sent Jake to Texas for 3 weeks. Had I not JUST had a baby, we probably would've all gone with him, but I knew that wasn't going to be a great idea, so he left and we girls stayed at home.

The first few weeks were the hardest. Emily wasn't sleeping well..and by well, I mean she wasn't sleeping like a two year old like I would've loved--she slept perfectly normal for a month old baby, but was nursing like a champ. Our nights were like this:Emily goes to sleep, bathe Gwen, put Gwen to bed, Emily wakes up. Put Emily down, Gwen wakes up from terrifying nightmare (poor baby), get Gwen back in bed, Emily wakes up. . . I mean. . . I was a true zombie.

But we did it! By the second week we were all doing things like clockwork! I knew when people would wake up, I knew how to maximize time, I knew how to get things done.

On the first Tuesday of September, we had a nanny start working here. Her name is Kyndra, and SHE IS THE BEST. I swear she is how I kept sane while Jake was gone. When I first came home after work, my house was clean, Emily was sleeping, Gwen was happy coloring, and Fred was playing with a ball on the floor. It was so comforting to 1.Go to work and get some sanity and 2.Know my people were being loved the entire time I was gone. I've said it once, and here it is AGAIN, but we have been SO immensely blessed in finding excellent caretakers for our family.

I went back to work, as I previously mentioned. My boss is the greatest and told me to take as much maternity leave as I wanted, so I asked for 12 weeks. Well, I got to be 6 weeks post Emily's birthday and I was ready. I love what I do, and I love my coworkers, and I love my patients, and being a stay at home mom is the most difficult thing ever. So I called Dr. Price and asked him if I could come back sooner, and he said "Of course!" Needless to say, work has been great and I'm happy to be back.

Going back to work stressed me out in thought because I worried about how Emily would do with bottles and nursing. If you remember, I pumped for Gwen 100% because she wouldn't nurse after I had to go to school 3 days postpartum. I didn't want this to be the case for Em, so I stressed because that's all I could do. Turns out it was unnecessary stressing! E takes bottles well and when I am home she nurses great! We had some struggle nursing recently, but I chalked it up to congestion and a growth spurt. She is so great!

I started working out with a trainer that I went to high school with! Jessica is so strong and she had a baby just a few weeks after me! I was thankful to be able to go work out while Jake was away because I could get out some stress and pick up some energy. My parents were the best and watched both kids while I'd go for an hour, two times a week. And when I'd go to get the girls, they'd feed us all dinner! It was so helpful and kind. 

Jake came home at the end of the month. I was so proud of how I handled things while Jake was gone, and I was sure I'd be this statuesque and haughty woman when he came home. In fact, we were outside playing in the hose when I heard him pull up, and I thought, "This was no big deal. I could handle this a dozen more times." But when that man opened the gate and Gwen heard him and ran and jumped in his arms, and then he scooped me up in a hug, I turned into a big, teary-eyed mess. Pride-Gone. Relief-Everywhere. Even now just writing this makes my eyes watery. It was so hard to be a single parent. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. And I could do it again. But I don't ever have to again and for that I am so thankful.

The day after Jake got back, some of our most favorite friends came to visit! Dr. Chris finished dental school, and they moved to New Mexico from Pennsylvania, and we missed them so much!!! We went to Krazy Air and Cafe Rio and it was magical!

They day after THAT, Jake's younger brother Sean got married, so we zoomed up to Pinetop to help with set up and anything that required us, really. It was so fun. We quadded around after the wedding, and it was just a great way to celebrate having J back. Also, that is the day that started Emily's rough nursing week. But alas, we persevered and all is well.


Gwen is talking so much!!!! Funny quote of her day:She was holding my hairbrush, and I was asking if she would bring it to me. She said, "No, Mom! It's not yours, Mom! Not yours!" But her "yours" are pronounced "yerz". She's the best.

Side note story: Krispy Kreme had their annual pirate day, and if you dress like a pirate, you'll get a free dozen donuts! Kyndra bought and brought Gwen some great clothes and took her, and the picture will kill you with cuteness, so prepare now.
 
The moral of September:Have a great boss. Find a wonderfully kind nanny. Appreciate your husband. Work out. Sleep when little people sleep.

Burrito baby

Gwen loves looking at and opening movies from here.


Jake was scaring Gwen by just walking past the Halloween stuff! HA!


Cousin love at Krazy Air!

I tried to style her hair to a side, and this fluff is the result.

Gwen's first day at dance class.

Emily working on her neck exercises.

When we tell G to put on her shoes, she always puts on mine instead.

Gwen at Krispy Kreme! CUTEST PIRATE EVER.

Matthew and Aaron, with Jake and Gwen!

REUNITED! I never took any pictures, and should have.

Best friends!

Gwen loves holding E's hand in the car!

They both slept so well on the way to Pinetop for the wedding!

Family Selfie after quadding. It's blurry, but we're all so happy. 3 seconds after this, Em threw up everything in her belly all over everyone.

Playing in Grandma and Grandpa Denham's backyard

Emily and I were quadding, and G was jumping. This was so fun.

Em tried on beanies at a boutique and she knew she looked fabulous.

G's favorite and daily activity:playing in the water.

We did a lot of FaceTime calling while Jake was gone in Texas. These two are twins!


Comments

Popular Posts