Wade is 1 month!

 Wade is the best guy! 

He wears size 1 diapers, and is already too big for newborn clothes. We're quickly growing out of 3 month onesies, so I have to exchange some clothing we were gifted. 

Here are a few nicknames that seem to stick: Guy (this is surprising but we all do it the most and it's freaking cute), Bro, Brother, Dude, Wadeypoo, and Moose/Moo (because his pacifier is a cow and because Gwen has been Goose for years, Emily has been Boo Boo Baby, and they thought he needed and "oo" sound in his nickname. It hasn't stuck but we try haha)

Wade's jaundice finally started to budge this month. He was on a better poop schedule, and that really helped to clear the yellow up.

Wade started sleeping for longer stretches. He took a nap on my lap for four hours, and started sleeping from 7 pm to midnight (ish) sort of consistently. I forgot that babies don't take naps regularly. As soon as a friend reminded me that naps don't start getting on a schedule until after nighttime sleep does, life got easier--easier in that when I don't try to figure out a "schedule," my brain is calmer. 

Wade started to look around for the fans. We, especially Emily, now all call the fans "Wade's fans." If he is trying to look up, we immediately stand under a fan and you can tell he is thankful for our efforts. hahah

Wade LOVES the bath. His first one wasn't fun because it was his first. The second one was better because we figured out how to keep him warm at all times, and now he is just so calm and content in the tub! He seriously loves it. I love sharing my love of baths with my children! 

We have a rocker chair thing that Wade loves. Sometimes he won't be settled in our arms and we put him in the chair and he immediately falls asleep. We've decided that he likes his alone time and we are thankful for that. 

He loves being whistled at.

Wade will not take a pacifier from me. Jake doesn't have this problem, and neither does Emily. I'm sure it has to do with me having much better goods than the pacifier. 

The guy loves contact naps, but he also loves that alone time. If we want to nap with him, we have to wear long sleeves or put fabric (blankets/burp cloths) on our arms so when his sweaty head tries to move he won't get stuck on our skin. It's so funny. 

Wade takes a bottle like a champ. He also breastfeeds so wonderfully. Jake and I went to a lactation consultant when Wade was a few days old and she worked on helping us through a painful latch, and it's been glorious ever since. She also encouraged us to introduce a bottle to give me some freedom now, and to help when I go back to work. I feel like her help is one of the reasons I've had such calm thoughts during my post partum phase. 

Post partum for me has been different than I expected. I haven't had the usual depression and anxiety I got with the girls. I really talked with Jake a lot before Wade got here about how to help me when it does hit, but each day I wonder if it is going to come at all. I also think this post partum has been different because I don't try to people please the way I did when the girls were born. I am fine saying no to visitors and obligations, and yes to people asking to help. I used to think saying yes to help made me weaker, but a lot of therapy helped me unlearn that. 



See that cute boy!? And see that cute chicken pacifier? He hates it from me.

His pants pulled up high makes us swoon.

Love this boy! Best son ever!

Sleepy and so happy.

Look at the belly!




Comments

Popular Posts