August 2022

 School started quick for the girls this year. As soon as August began, we were busy with meet the teachers, school, and fall activities. So far the girls both love their teachers. Gwen told me that 3rd grade is pretty hard, but she's okay with it. Apparently the 3rd graders don't get homework apart from telling us about their day and getting a signature, and I'm 100% happy with that! If only it could cool off so we can play outside all afternoon! Emily loves her teacher, too. There was a chance that Emily could get the same teacher Gwen had for 1st and 2nd grade, but she ended up getting someone new. When I asked if she was disappointed, her reply was, "No! I'm so happy! I love Ms._______ and I'm just so glad I got a teacher!" The hardest part for both of the girls with school is not being in the same classes as their besties. Luckily the girls have both memorized our phone number so we can play with them outside of school hours. 

Emily lost her second tooth! She wrote a letter to the tooth fairy asking for money and requesting the tooth  stay in Emily's possession. When Jake put the tooth under the pillow without the letter, Emily almost lost it with anger, but I let her know the tooth fairy probably still saw the letter. Hahah. Emily is pretty sure that WE are the tooth fairy, but Gwen isn't convinced so Em keeps this theory to herself. 

Gwen started piano lessons this month! She was really hesitant about it at first, but after the initial lesson has been really happy about going! She loves her teacher (Bette Anderson from our ward/neighborhood) and loves walking there with me each week. She's so musically inclined and its fun to see that love grow. At church both Gwen and Emily will write music and lyrics. They don't make a lot of sense, but they're something special to me! I love it. Sometimes the songs are about love, and sometimes they're about how boring and lame I am. I love the contrast!

Jake is working as an assistant coach for a local high school's basketball team. He loves it. He takes the girls to practice when I work and they all love going together. The head coach is a man Jake serves with at church, Daken S. We got more acquainted with when we went on the trek, and Jake used to know his son really well. He loves working with Daken, and always has something good to say about the players. It's been a great experience so far. 

I'm finally feeling more normal and not sick every day, but I say that as I type and feel sick. I hit a wall of exhaustion every day around 3-4pm. I'm still dependent on meds to stay as well-feeling as I have been, and only hit a minor snafu when my midwifery group didn't refill the meds in time. We worked it out-ish. It actually never really got handled, but I got the refill sent in from my previous OBGYN so all is well. 

A few months ago I did a meal prep program with my friend Kyli. We went to a grocery store and made about 20 freezer meals for the instant pot/crock pot and this month the meals really came in handy. In the last week alone, we had 5. I'm so glad and I've loved them. I'm going to do it again next month so we have options when the baby gets here!

We all are feeling the reality of having a baby here soon. We got his room more set up with a crib and rocking chair, and when we see the room with the door open we all stop and stare. He moves around in my belly all day long. He gets hiccups several times a day, and I least appreciate it when I'm trying to sleep. I feel like he already has such a personality. Whenever Jake feels my belly he'll say "Hey, boy." And baby will immediately start kicking and pushing like crazy. Sometimes Jake does this at night, and then I feel betrayed by them for making me have to be awake longer haha!


Took the girls to a Diamondbacks game with our Pogo Pass! 

Best cross stitch ever!!

We went and sweat our faces off at the bike park. The girls are so brave and fun! 

Celebrating Charly's birthday at Carson pool!

Emily lost her tooth at dinner!

Gwen was so excited to match her doll. She got these pajamas from Jan, but hadn't worn them until now! 






Comments

mce said…
i love reading your blog. it makes mce very happy !!! thanx and it will all be over very soon ( the pregnancy thing )

Popular Posts