April 2022

 The biggest event for our family during April was Gwen's baptism. We really spent a lot of time discussing baptism with Gwen. We had a lot of family home evening minutes dedicated to talking about it, more time discussing it in the car and after all of the talking Gwen really wanted to get baptized. We needed to move our date from the regularly scheduled stake baptism to accommodate family coming, and it was worth the move. 

We had family from all over make their ways in to support Gwen, and it really meant a lot to us. Gwen picked out the program from prayers given and talks, to songs we sang and who made sure she made it all into the water. It was beautiful and there was a full house of love. 

While family was in town for the week of Easter, we spent time going to the new Easter pageant at the Mesa temple. It was a new program, new set, new everything. We went a few times, and enjoyed it a lot. 

I got my first ultrasound of the baby, and also did a blood test to determine the gender of the baby. We found out the day everyone left to go back home from baptism weekend. It was a special moment for Jake and I to share before telling the girls. The video won't upload here, but we got canons filled with confetti and shot them towards the girls. You can immediately hear the girls scream, "We're having a BROTHER!!!" They love baby bro so much. 

I had several appointments with midwives to try and get nausea medicine. I went to three different appointments before anyone would prescribe me something. I almost kissed the feet of the provider when she told me she'd given me a 2 month supply! I had to take off the entire months of March and April from just being so sick. The meds definitely took the edge off the full day sickness, but I still crash with fatigue and nausea around 3 pm each day. Pregnancy is hard. (Throwing up emojis would go here if possible, haha!)

We haven't announced this pregnancy on Facebook or anything public like that. The way most people find out is through the girls. Gwen opens up conversations with strangers and friends with, "Did my mom tell you her big news!? She's pregnant! It's a boy!" Emily nods in agreement and I just agree! It's funny. And awkward for the poor strangers. 

April was seriously busy. Each weekend had something massive. From hosting showers, baptisms, leadership meetings, and more baptisms we were truly joyful for April to end. 

Emily and Gwen close up! 


Morgan gave a talk at the baptism. 


After the baptism






LOOK AT THESE! Allisa is an artist!





Comments

Popular Posts