July 2015

We had a very busy July.

To celebrate Independence Day, we went to the Flagstaff parade and it was great! After that, we had naps and then went and played at Susie's house! 

 Jake and I were planning on a camping family reunion, but when that got changed to next year, we decided to go to Utah to visit my brother and his family. The day before we would be leaving, my sweet grandmother passed away(July 6). After calling my dad and mom, Morgan and I were immediately in contact to discuss whether or not the planned Utah trip would be able to take place. The funeral was determined to be the next week (July 18), so we went to Cedar City.

We got to Cedar City late on Wednesday, and the next morning we started playing! Basically, we got to play with Megan, Kate, and Jeremy for the weekend, and it was great! We went to the park and got free lunch every day, had a movie night every night, and found a "secret" stash of Otter Pops to eat all day, every day.

Jake, Gwen, Fred, and I returned to Flagstaff on Saturday, and we all went to bed really early because all the fun we had tuckered us out.

I work every Friday at the pediatric dental office, but I was able to get off work at 3:30, and we immediately drove down to the valley for Grandma's funeral. We didn't make it in time for the viewing, but we got to visit with the entire family, and it was so much fun.

On Saturday, we woke up early to get dressed for the funeral. It was a beautiful service. All of my aunt's and my mother spoke about Grandma's life and legacy. One thing that I especially loved was that after Grandma and Grandpa met, there were no stories where the two of them weren't involved. My grandparents love each other so much! We are certain there was a fabulous reunion between them when she passed from this life! Back to the funeral--Grandma LOVED pink, and her casket was white with beautiful pink flowers. Also, at the end of the service, the pianist (Sister Peterson) played the Canadian National Anthem, and that was great! Grandma could always be heard singing her national anthem when the opportunity presented itself (namely, Organ Stop Pizza!!!) While we miss Grandma so very much, we are happy to have the Plan of Salvation to know that we will be united again!

All of my siblings were in town for the funeral, so we took family pictures! The photographer (Jessica Drew) was fabulous! Considering our group was so massive and had a million children, it could've been terrifying, but she was so excellent! I don't have any pictures saved on my laptop, but the photos turned out beautiful. There was a massive storm front coming in, and we were rushing to get certain shots, and it was just a comical riot! I loved it! That kind of chaos is my favorite! All in all, the pictures are great and even though the weather flattened my hair, they are just fantastic!

On Sunday, we all went to church together and Gwendolyn went to nursery!!! IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING OF MY LIFE. Usually I teach primary in Flagstaff, and since Gwen is under 18 months, she comes into class with me. She is a great sport and my class loves her, but being in Mesa meant I was just going to drop her off with cousins, and I don't regret a thing! She loved it so much, and I only took her out because Meredith told me she was sleeping, and I'm pretty adamant about her not sleeping in church so that we can all get naps after church! HA! I'm greedy when it comes to Sunday naps!

After church on Sunday, we immediately left back home for Flagstaff. We wanted Gwen to sleep on the way home, and she didn't disappoint so I got a nap too. Poor J. No naps for drivers!

We've been struggling with a pest problem. We have mice, and have caught/killed multiple, but there was one we couldn't get! When we got home from Mesa, we found the mouse! He was SO big! We must've fattened him up with all the peanut butter, and then when we resorted to poison, he must've eaten it and run out! Thank goodness he did because he was so big that he would've stunk up the whole house! Anyway, we have no more mice now! HOORAY! Now if we can stay like this until next summer we will be happy!

One of my very best friend's texted me that she would be in Mesa for a while, and so Gwen and I made another trip to the valley to see her and her sweet baby Gideon! They live in Utah, so we don't see each other often and when she told me they'd be only two hours away, the trip was made imperative! Gwen LOVED Kyli. She would stare at her and smile, rest her head on Kyli's chest, and she also loves Gideon! I love Kyli so much!

We got Bahama Bucks a million times. Best decision ever.

Overall, July involved many, MANY trips. We are all so happy for the fun times those trips gave us, but we are also completely okay with not driving anywhere for a little while longer.  :)

Why my toddler is crying: because she hit Fred on the nose so he left.  Also, my eyebrow was having a problem.

Gwen loves her Baby.

Twinning.

Twinning 2.0

BAHAMA BUCKS. 1/2 birthday cake, 1/2 sour strawberry bahama rama mama.

Enjoying the soccer game!
Playing with Heidi/Sunblock in the eyes. HA!

Fred was having biting problems.

LOOK AT THAT FAT MOUSE!

Gwen's favorite place to chillax.

Gwen and Gideon!

She loved him so much!

She loved Kyli even more.


She's cleaning the floor. Bout time! Work, lady!

Paying the bills.

She found a cookie, and didn't want anyone to know.

Gwen in nursery!!!!!!!!! YAAAASSSSSS!!!!

Sleeping in the hotel crib.

My krew and I in the minivan. #cedarcitylyfe

Megan and her fan and parasol, and Kate with Pink Puppy

Gwen pushing Jeremy. SO helpful.

JxJ

They loved each other!

This isn't from July, but it's Gwen and her bestie! We miss you guys, Elia!

Gwen's reading tupperware.

Keeping her entertained on the drive to Utah.


4th of July Parade!!!!
Parade!!!!

After the BBQ at Susie's I played the piano while these ladies sang the night away!

Independence Day 2015

Britt, Gwen, Caleb, Heidi, and Eli

We played a lot in the hose and pool.


Fred has been loving watching the storms like this.

Watching J play basketball.

DATE NIGHT

Four generations. Gwen was 5 or 6 weeks.    
 The last picture is the only 4 generation picture I have. From the left, me, Grandmother Aenone Woolf Christensen holding Gwendolyn Yvonne, and my mother, Marilyn Christensen Ellsworth. We're a mighty good looking group, if you ask me!




Comments

Katie Seigfried said…
I LOVE GWEN! and you too :) She's looking more and more like you!
Katie Seigfried said…
I LOVE GWEN! and you too :) She's looking more and more like you!
mce said…
thank you so much for posting about July. we love you sooo very much. and you and gwen do make the best twins ever.
love, mce

Popular Posts