Ear Piercing!

Before having Gwen, I always wanted my girls to get their ears pierced as soon as possible--but then she was born. Everything about her is obviously perfect, and I decided I'd wait to get her ears pierced until she either 1. wanted and could ask for them, or 2. when she turned 8 years old.

I was totally happy about that decision. . . until my coworker, Lindsee, showed me a picture of her cute girl with her little ears pierced! Lindsee's babe is only a few weeks older than Mini, so we proceeded to discuss every aspect of piercing. After the conversation, I changed my mind about waiting and we decided to go the next day!

I called Claire's in Flagstaff mall and asked the girl a million questions: was she certified? Would she sterilize everything? Has she pierced baby ears before? All answers were perfect.

When we got to the mall, I was excited. In the car, Jake asked, "are we sure about this?" and I said, "YEP! It's going to be so cute!"

We walked straight to the store and the gal, Robin,  greeted us while J sat down with Mini. Robin immediately got to work cleaning and then got her marker ready! This part was the funnest! Meredith and I looked at the dots she drew over and over until we all agreed they were perfect. Then came the worst part. Robin wanted the earrings to sit perfectly, and so did we. In striving for perfection, it took a looong time (and it was probably only 20 seconds, but they were long seconds) to line the machine up. I was holding Gwen's head still and she wasn't enjoying that, obviously, and with each second I was more hesitant. I was letting my grip of her head go to tell Robin that I didn't want to do it anymore, and then CLICK! She did it! I immediately got my hold back, and while Gwen was prepping for a FAT cry, Robin got on the other side, lined up and CLICK! DONE.

As soon as I heard the click and knew that both earrings were in, I looked really fast to make sure I was content and then picked up my baby to snuggle the heck outta her. I'm thankful Merry joined us because she definitely made sure the earrings were even. I wasn't emotional, but I needed to give Gwennie a squeeze and relied on Merry to make sure we were all symmetrical!

J and I came prepped with a fresh bottle and swaddle blanket. When I took her from Jake, I took a second to swaddle her, and then just plopped that bottle right in her sad mouth. It took her a little to realize the bottle was there, but once she did, she took a little sip, then complained about how mean we all were, and took another drink. By the time we walked out of the mall, Mini was konked out! She woke up when we put her in the carseat, and she was all smiles. She had no clue she had just gone through such a traumatic thing! We were laughing because she was just smiling and talking! It was too dark to take a picture in the car, but believe me when I say that she was all smiles.

Gwennie's little earrings are the best. It was extremely worth doing while she was so little. She never fusses with them, and they are super easy to take care of. Important fact: we went with the square (princess) cut diamonds and 14 k white gold. She is looking fancy. Also, Robin said something and I thought it was so cute because we didn't do the princess cut on purpose--they were just the prettiest. Anyway! Robin said, "Princess cut for your little princess!" I am so embarrassed to admit that that melted my heart, but it did!

Here is a picture overload. Gwen looks just lovely!

Marking her cutey ears!

Bored baby. She had better things to do.

This is where the sadness starts.


If you zoom on this one, that is the face of pure sorrow.

Sad sparklies!

One down, one to go.

These cheeks. . . I die.

SHE DID IT!






Prior to piercing, Gwen and Robin bonded.


I love this picture of them two.
We went to dinner because she was so chill. This is her "I love going out" face.












Comments

Anonymous said…
Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about piercing your daughter's ears. She looks like a princess and is totally adorable with princess cut CZ's. Those earrings reminded me of my own experience having our dd's ears pierced after seeing a little girl at my daughter's First Birthday Party with earrings. I always said I would never pierce my babies' ears until she asked for them and my husband wanted her to asked for them too.

Like you, I changed my mind. We had chosen a princess theme and one little girl, not much older than our daughter came in a white dress, pink bow and tiara in her hair with large pearl studs in each ear peeking through her blonde hair. When she approached me, I told her how cute she looked as a princess, and immediately spotted her earrings! I pointed her towards my husband. This blond haired, blue eyed was toddling around, and approached my husband. Like me, he immediately saw her pearl earrings, waving his hand to get my attention. Smiling wildly, he said, "Her earrings are soO CUTE!" After the party, I said nothing. Suddenly, I said, that "Litttle Princess" with pearl earrings was super cute.

Like you, I knew immediately that I wanted Sandi to have earrings too! Surprisingly, my husband was smitten how pretty the "Litttle Princess" looked with earrings and couldn't stop talking about how pretty Sandi would look with little pearl earrings too. After asking our ped, who encouraged me to go ahead, we took her to Claire's and she got pearl studs like mine.

This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I promise you were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant so she’ll just grow up with them. Promise you will have many moms envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

I couldn't agree more with you their is nothing cuter than seeing a little baby girl with pierced ears. If she was ever called a boy, then I promise she won't be mistaken for a boy ever again!

Our ped said doing it when mommy could care for them was best. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.

Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.” Like you, we did and are happy as well because she is so darn cute.

Amy
amyswor1765@gmail.com
Michelle said…
I noticed her adorable ears on Sunday. She rocks the earrings:)

Popular Posts