Hygiene school has changed me.

1. I've become an irritated driver. Mind you, I'm not aggressive, just annoyed. When someone cuts me off, I get irritated; if I hit every red light--instant "for reals!?!?!"; j-walkers 15 feet from the crosswalk. . . oh no. And this is because I need to study, always.

2. I don't know what the word 'procrastination' means anymore. Too much is due every day to put something off.

3. I go to bed at 8:00pm, 9:00pm latest. If I'm up later than that, my poor husband gets a grizzly bear wife. Sad. On weekends, I'm a wreck because I'm so tired but our friends aren't!
Me, on weekends.


4. I've lost weight. I don't like this. I like weighing my normal range. I blame it on being dehydrated, and not having enough time to prep food for meals. My skin looks weird and my hair doesn't shine because I'm hungry. . . also, I think I'm pre-diabetic, but that's a self diagnosis.

5. I fall asleep in random places. Jake and I have a dumb game we used to play--when he'd walk in a room, I'd pretend I just woke up. I'm serious-it's lame, but we love it and it makes us laugh. Now, however, this is my reality. I fall asleep on the floor, watching Master Chef, doing online quizzes, in the bath, and sometimes when I'm eating. It's hilarious, I'm sure!

I love this program. I love the girls and guys I'm with. I love teeth. I love gingivitis. And I love that I get to be so tired learning something I love so much.

And I'm happy happy happy with scrubs!


Comments

Mary said…
Dude, I thought I was pre-diabetic my last semester of my BA. Earlier that same semester I was convinced I had a gluten allergy. Then I graduated and I felt a million times better within 2 or 3 weeks. It turns out it was just stress.

Also, can you teach me some magical tricks to get my child to brush her teeth or not scream bloody murder when I do it for her? She'll move the brush around in her mouth, but doesn't really get anything. She won't chew on it. I can't say I love gingivitis as much as you...
Unknown said…
Hahaha. "I love gingivitis". You are hilarious.

Popular Posts