Anniversary number 3

On Monday we got to three years of marriage. J got me the prettiest flowers, and we got burgers at Wendy's for dinner to accompany our errands. We needed to drive to Snowflake, pick up a car, and then drive back, so we decided to celebrate a few days later.

Jake and I got a piece of junk mail that had a key on it. The dealerships send a million out, saying that one key will open the door to a car. If you're the person with that key, you win the car. J didn't want to try the key because he knew we'd lose, but we did the scratch off thing on top of the coupon, and we won a gift card for food!

We decided to use it and go to a local place here in Flagstaff. It's a steakhouse called Black Bart's, and the servers sing!! We thought it sounded like a version of Organ Stop Pizza with a few tweaks, and we planned it for our anniversary celebration!

Today, after work, we went to Black Bart's. To start off with, it seemed sketchy. We pulled up, and I immediately wanted to go somewhere else because you park in a trailer park. But we went in those doors, and it was magic. If anyone has seen The Red Green Show on PBS, this place made you feel like you were in the lodge, reciting the man's prayer of "I am a man. But I can change. If I have to. . . I guess."

Mounts of elk, deer, and a million other things were everywhere. The place was dimly lit with mismatched chairs at each table. A huge stone fireplace was right at the entrance. It just was great!
We got seated immediately and ordered our waters and sasparillas, and when the server brought it back, a piano started playing. . . and every.single.server. went and stood by the piano and sang to us! We were welcomed with "Consider Yourself" from Oliver, and it was fabulous.

My steak came out rare instead of well done. The rolls weren't all they were cracked up to be. But the sweet potato fries. . . oh.my.word. Best things ever.

Our server and his gang of singing coworkers congratulated our anniversary-ing with a song of Happy Anniversary, sung to the tune of Happy Birthday, and our favorite Happy Honeymoon. It was seriously the best. And the deep fried ice cream was Jake's favorite.


EVERYONE SINGING!!!

Even with food, they still sing while they pass it out. Notice the South Pacific sign.

Stargazer Lilies. Day One.

Day Three. So many more lilies opened!


This story is mainly for Bear and Mom. See the South Pacific sign in the background of the blurry picture? Jake said, bless his heart, "I think Hugh Jackman was great in that movie." I laughed and said, I'm calling my mom right now to tell her what you just said. hahaha!


Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together. -Red Green.

Comments

Unknown said…
They SING?! That's sounds awesome! Only problem with me is that I'd probably end up singing with them hahaha *nerd alert*
I'm kind of shocked that you never knew about Black Bart's!! We went there quite a few times. Most of the people in Shrine work there. It's a super fun place!
Alyx said…
That sounds like such a fun place!!! Happy belated anniversary!!
Caleb and Jenni said…
Random fact: I worked at that restaurant in high school. Ha ha! Glad you enjoyed it. And happy anniversary a little late! And I think you are great :)
Caleb and Jenni said…
Random fact: I worked at that restaurant in high school. Ha ha! Glad you enjoyed it. And happy anniversary a little late! And I think you are great :)

Popular Posts