Saturday, September 1, 2012

As of late. . .

J and I both finished our summer sessions at NAU! I've now decided that summer classes are the way to go because they are so fast that you don't have time to forget and they are surprisingly well-paced!

We both earned the grades we worked hard for, so we celebrated with a mini trip to Mesa. It was so nice to be able to not wake up at the crack of dawn to study and even nicer to not fall asleep with textbooks on your mind!

While we were there, we went to see my grandma. She is awesome. We took her out on Sunday for some hot fudge sundaes! It was so fun because she recently got 17 (I think that's right??) stitches on her arm and it's all bandaged up, but she wanted to show us her arm! J and I were both telling her "NOOOO" so she finally gave up on showing us and told us we were scaredy cats! I think I choked on my sundae laughing when she said that! Anyhoo, my grandma is best.

After our stay in Mesa, we were visited by Jake's parents and one sister. It was definitely a treat because we hardly see them. The boys went to look at dental offices while we watched "The Phantom of the Opera." We all gathered again for lunch and then they left. We all definitely had a good time.

Since then, school has started up. J is taking his final semester of math, along with molecular biology, genetics, physics, and something else I just can't think of. I'm in general pathology and I'm not going to lie. . . it is scary! Holy cow. We only meet once a week and on the first day of class, students were already throwing around terms like hypoxia, granulation deposition and I just know that the class might kick my booty.

I started working at Flag High School as an assistant coach for the swim team! It's so fun and exhausting! Yesterday we ha our first meet. I'm used to having public pools on every corner, but here we have two pools. . . and both are indoors. So, if you can, imagine a number of high schoolers, extremely supportive parents and an indoor pool-- what do you get!?  Me with a ringing in my ears, scratchy voice and really tired feet! I really love it!

We also went up to Show-Low for a day to visit my sister and her husband. She's in beauty school and needed to get some things done for graduation so I was able to get a facial and some scalp massages and treatments! It was fun to be back in a beauty school and talk to little ladies getting their hair set for church!

Oh my gosh. I cannot forget to tell of the magicalness that joined our family. So we were gifted a vacuum and it was a lovely friend to us. One day I said to J, "I cannot wait until that thing explodes so I can get an Oreck!" He retorted and said he would only purchase a Dyson, but I pshaw-ed that thought right away. Not even two days after the conversation, guess what??!! Our vacuum had an emotional breakdown and stopped working! Less exciting than an explosion, but I'll take what I can get! We immediately went shopping. J was searching for the Dyson, and I was on a quest for my Oreck. It all came down to the fact that my grandparents and parents both have Orecks, and J's parents have a Dyson and I hate it. . . it wasn't a competition at all! So we got the Oreck and my house has never had better clean-carpet-lines. You know what I'm talking about.

No comments: