October 2023

 We decorated for Halloween on October 1st, as usual. We got out our pumpkins and bats, cobwebs and ghosts, and then I realized I didn't want to put any of it up. The girls are such great helpers and did most of the decorating. I love them. 

Emily started her first season of soccer. She has been asking to play since last year, but because of having a newborn, and then going into the hot season, we put it off until now. She is fast and loves to play. She is learning the rules and enjoys practice. She made a goal at her first game and we all screamed our heads up. I tried to stop yelling, but I literally couldn't. We were all so proud. I looked at her celebrating a goal and it was a moment I'll never forget. I still remember Gwen's first goal, and know I'll always remember Em's, too. 

Gwen is loving her clarinet. She practices every single day, and is learning new notes each day. Gwen has always been very musically inclined, so it's not surprising to see her thrive. She's also doing great at piano. We bounced around with teachers and now we've found one we'll never leave. Mrs. Hillary is so good with both girls and we love her. She's also really close! It's such a sweet thing to me to have the piano being played every day. I love to hear them learn. 

Gwen, Emily, and I went to the Taylor Swift concert at the movie theater. It was SO fun! We danced and sang out loud to all the songs we knew. Emily took a little cat nap in her theater recliner and woke back up to finish the party. Gwen and I ate popcorn the whole time. Gwen even got up out of her chair and was dancing in the aisles. I loved it! This circles back to music being important--I love that my girls love music! It's such an inner expression and I'm happy they love poetry and music!

Jake has been busy with basketball coaching and work. He's a star and loves spending time in the community. We have enjoyed going to practice and seeing him with the boys! One time the head coach, Coach Skousen, organized a scrimmage and there was an odd number of boys, so Jake played. HA! We laughed and loved seeing him play with the high schoolers. 

I've been busy working. I've been working 3-5 days a week in a private practice, and I'm super blessed to say that it's been great. I have great co workers and both of my offices, and it makes going to work so nice when you have a great team. I'm looking forward to slowing back down to 2 days in January. That's just more sustainable to me and gives me time to do the things I love most...Being at home. Haha! Just kidding. Kind of. Not really. :) I love being a mom and going to the girls school to volunteer. I love serving the youth in the community. All of those things are important to me. Being a hygienist is also a part of my identity, but I like that to be a part time identity. 

We got some family pictures taken for holiday cards and updating the house photos. I'm so excited and already have some canvas prints coming. 

For Halloween, Maria, Kate, and Jeremy came over to trick or treat with us. It was so lovely. We ate soup and then went out, while Jake and Wade stayed to hand out candy. This was the first year I've had someone with me on Halloween and it was so fun to catch up with Maria. Our kids got so much candy, and we still went to bed on time. I laugh so much about my kid's internal clocks because they need to wind down at 7pm, and they know it without being told. 

Dream Denham

I love this but Fred has crazy eyes. 

Less crazy Fred eyes
Wade

Emily

Gwen

💛

Mom and Dad

These kids are perfection.

Jake and Wade have matching faces in this :)

We're cute. 
Gwen and I ran an errand to Sam's together and she loved this backdrop. 

Popcorn bucket from Taylor!! The only picture I got because we danced the whole time. 
On our morning walk route, a couple has the best garden. 

When the orange flowers blossomed, we had to take pictures. 
Wade is so much fun. He loves to play and the girls love to add him into their games. 

Eating sand at the park. 

Balboa's! Our favorite dessert! 

Monday treats at Balboa's

Wade loves his fox. Dad loves his Wade. 
Weird Barbie! I never dress up but my office had a barbie theme, and I knew I had to be her. 

Cowboy Jake. 

Cowboy and skunk, aka little stinker. 

Jake- "If I hold him like this, it'll be like I hunted him down!"

Emily-cheerleader. Gwen-astronaut. Both of them picked things they actually want to be as grown ups. 

Emily called me Ugly Barbie. I had to say, no. Weird. Very different. hahaha

Barbie pose hahaha! Also, I have a boot for a stress fracture. 

Kate, Gwen, Emily, and Jeremy. Look at his face. He did this expression the whole time we took pics. Maria and my eyes almost got stuck in our heads from rolling them so big haha!

I love an action picture. 

I think this is the first time we've carved pumpkins. Two were plastic, and one was real. It was great. No finger injuries. 












Comments

mce said…
What a wonderful family. i love all the pictures. what happened to your foot ?? i didn't notice that while we were there ?!?!? and i love love the halloween pictures of all.... jeremy was very scary

Popular Posts