May 2023

 Woof! I always get behind on the summer months. These months are so busy--packed to the brim with recitals, parties, and playdates galore! Add in the sweetly warm weather, and the business extends to swimming nonstop. 

Gwen did her first season of basketball and Jake was her coach! They had a great time! It was a little last minute with having Jake coach, but he loved it. He would get so into the games and it was funny to see people react to him. Parents of our team loved it, parents of other teams were intimidated. I was embarrassed but also proud to see him in his natural habitat. Gwen LOVED ball. She was so strong and powerful. After one game, a grandma from the opposing team walked right up to Gwen and said, "You are a strong girl! You will be a great basketball player. I loved watching you play. You are tough!" Gwen beamed with pride and a little bit of shyness. I loved seeing her accept that compliment! She is such a sweet young woman and seeing her grow is one of the three highlights of my life!

Jake had a tough toe situation! He's been getting owie hang nails forever and he went to a podiatrist and had it surgically removed. His priority was getting back on the basketball court because his league had their championship that weekend, and he was determined to play pain free! Monday was the appointment, and he did indeed play on Saturday! They also won and were so proud!

Emily went on her first school field trip! She was so excited for the week leading up to it! They went to a museum, and Emily had the best time. She loved riding the bus, packing her lunch (and 13 snacks, omg). Emily is the brightest girl. She and Gwen had a tumbling recital. Gwen was a little too cool for it, but Em thrived! She lives to perform. She loves a stage and loved practicing. She is always telling us that she's going to be a cheerleader, and I'm excited for her to feel that rush of performing. She was born for it. Emmers is also on a soccer kick (punny!) and is really hoping to play in the fall. Here's hoping the several reminders in my calendar don't act up so we get her on a team asap!

Gwen also participated in a club swim team that went for eight weeks. She loved it! She got one on one coaching with a truly excellent coach. We watched her technique improve each practice, and she loved it. She is a fish and loves the water. 

I attended my first graduation ceremony with Mesa Community College and it brought tears to my eyes to see that class graduate. When I was in hygiene school, the atmosphere was so tough. It was so competitive, even within my class. The instructors were hard, and it was almost better to them that we all struggled so hard. During my time with the seniors in the program, I was blown away with the camaraderie and respect given and received from students to faculty and vice versa. In my career, there have been several offices I've worked at that I've thought "This is a toxic place--I'll try to last a year here." Going to work at MCC has been the breath of fresh air that I needed. I love working there so much. I love my peers. I love helping students learn. I love teaching expectations, technique, and skills. It feels so valuable and real. I'm excited for my future with MCC. 

GwEmily, Wade, and I went to Cassidy's ASU graduation. She is stellar--so smart, so funny, so cool. We loved sitting with the Claridges and Grandma and Grandpa Ellsworth, and loved going to Organ Stop Pizza after. That place is always going to be nostalgic to me, and even if Jake hates their pizza forever we'll keep going! 

Gwen felt sick at a swim practice

Cutie Gwen

Gwen at her club's just for fun meet

Three siblings and a naked tooshie. 

I love these kids!


Jake in action!

The team! 


Gwen's team!



Pre-recital pictures!

Love these two sparkling personalities! 

My crew!


Emily and Mrs. Lang! Mrs. Lang is the sweetest teacher ever!

Post performance

See the cool girl attitude? We dig it.

Cuties. 


Loveeeee Emily. 

Sisters, sisters!

Sweet Goose!



Lots of outside time in the great weather!

So many mosquitos. 

hahahahahaha



Wade is such a big boi. 

Bike rides as often as possible before the summer kills us. 

Jake got tickets to a Rattlers game and invited everyone we know to the suite. 

We had to go to MCC to get parking passes and ID's for me, and these women were incredible. So much walking, so hot, and barely any complaining until the end. My women are incredible. 

Schools out pedicures!

Playdates. All. Day. 

She's such a goofy woman. 

More playdates. 

And more playdates. 

Graduation!!!!! 

Cassidy Forever!!!!!

Organ Stop Pizza forever!

We got the girls bird houses to decorate. They loved doing these! 

They worked on them for hours! 

LIZZZOOOOOOO!!! I love her. 







Comments

Popular Posts