April 2023

 Beautiful, rainy, cool, springy April was such a season to enjoy. 

Jake has been traveling for work a lot more than he has since Covid time. He's been to Nevada so many times and is working on creating a decent territory there, and we all love when he's home. The girls and I (it's my fault) sometimes get cranky on Sunday before he leaves because we know he's leaving! It's bizarre but now that I'm aware of it happening, we're doing a better job minimizing the Sunday scaries. 

Jake also has been playing basketball again consistently. He got out of a routine when I had Wade, so he's happy as a clam to be playing again. He likes his league. The competition is just enough where you play hard but can be friendly and social after. 

Easter was beautiful. We all had matching outfits and I'm a sorely sad momma because there aren't any pictures of me on that day. Jake and I had a big conversation about me wanting to be in pictures! Normally I'll pull up one of our trash bins and put my phone on the lid with a timer and we'll get a family picture, but Jake wanted to go to church right away and I didn't get a picture with anyone. Wahhhh! I'm still upset about it, but I'll move on someday. If anyone has a system for getting family pictures, tell me. I'm not opposed to buying a tripod of something, but I just want something that another person loves. 

Grandma Julia moved back to Arizona from Utah. She had been living with Julie, but came back down because she was having some health issues and hallucinations. She is living in an assisted home like my grandparents used to be in. We went and visited her and also saw one of my mom's best friends, Karen, living there too! It was so fun to see both of them, and we always love singing to Grandma Julia. She is so touched by music and she loved holding Wade. 

My dearest friend had her first baby!! 

Gwen is loving swim team. She loves catching lady bugs at school and bringing them home :/ She is getting really good at doing cartoon art and I love to see her drawings. She loves riding her bike and swimming, playing with her friends, and helping in the kitchen. 

Emily is writing me more notes than ever. Sometimes they are pleasant, sometimes they are very direct about changing my habits. hahaha. She is such a communicator. She boycotts school every day, but then happily goes to see her friends and her beloved teacher. 

We've been talking a lot about homeschooling. I've always thought about it since Gwen was a baby, but I was working full time, and I didn't feel confident in my patience, skills, and just everything else. Lately I have been feeling the urge to do it! I don't feel like I'm a better parent than anyone else, but I think I can do it! I'm working on Jake getting on board. Homeschooling is different than what he has pictured in his head, so he's having a hard time agreeing. But! This is a big decision so I'll keep waiting until he's ready. I'm really excited about it though. 

Mornings before school are full of energy around here. 

Wade loved hanging out like this in his stroller. 

😍

Me and the boy living our best lives. 

Gwen and Yaretzi got to be in the same group for a field trip! 
Lena, Londyn, and Wade at the zoo

Mario movie! The Peaches song will live in our hearts forever. Jack Black is incredible. 
Easter Sunday. 

My favorite trio! 

Twin boys!
Emily, Shauni, and Gwen. Gwen's in a cool smile phase. . . may we all survive. 

Wade deals with a lot of love. It can be a bit much for him, but he handles it well. 

"Look! He's taller than me!"

Church selfies. 

Oh my heart!!!!

Daily swing time. He keeps his arms up like this as if saying "I don't want to touch this swing" and "pick me up, please" at the same time. 

His blue eyes are so lovely. 
WADE AND MARIAH 

Measuring feet of these twinner cousins. 

Mariah loves me more than her mom--at least I'm trying to (unsuccessfully) convince her of that. 

I love these babies!

Family birthday party for Jeremy and Ridge. The three born within a month, and the boys on the same day. 
Hubba Hubba. My favorite view. Actually, sometimes my least favorite view. Cue me shouting "Wake up, Wade!"

His sleepy eyes!

Meme of the month












Comments

Popular Posts