Wade is 5 months!!!!!

 Wadeypoo is not tolerant of errands. This includes, but is not limited to, picking up the girls from school, taking the girls to school, and mostly that. I swear it’s because he should be napping around both of those times, so he just has to be miserable.

He was sleeping through the night, but one night of harder teething got to Jake and he went and fed him and cuddled him, so now Wade is back to waking up several times a night. I'm struggling hard core. The lack of sleep is getting to me (as I write this a 2:06 am). Jake has a conference coming up and I'm planning on using that week to get him back to sleeping through the night, but what that really means is not sleeping much for a week until J gets back and I can crash. Send me your prayers. 

 Emily often cries if Wade can't/won’t stop crying because she is so sad (but also annoyed). Just the other day, Gwen cried because he couldn’t stop on our way home from seeing the Mario movie. These girls are the best. I wish I could film my entire life right now because I never want to forget how much they love him and how much he knows and loves them back! 

I’ve successfully taught him that “the girls” means they’re just close enough so he’ll start looking for them! He also recognizes the word Dada and when I say that, he looks for Jake! 

Wade is just starting to nap consistently. Like literally, today he took an hour nap NOT in my arms. Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles. I do have to pop in his room every now and then during a nap to calm him down if he thinks he should be awake...his cat nap habit was tough for all of us. haha!

He loves bedtime. He gets kisses and baths, and he gets so pumped about it like clockwork.

 Waderick has started to get his planks going. He can scooch backwards like a pro, but he gets very frustrated and confused about that. 

Size 6 month clothes give him big diaper wedgies, but I love to see it. 

My favorite part of the day is around 6 am. Jake will bring Wade to our room (if Wade’s awake) and Wade will nurse and fall back asleep right in by bed. Just thinking about it makes me get the giggles! He’ll only sleep another 30-45 minutes and then he babbles with us until we’re ready to be up.

 Wade loves music. He loves all of the family favorites and starts to wiggle dance as soon as he hears “Shake it Off”, “Yeah!”, and “Going, Going, Gone.” He’s also been successfully conditioned to like the song “Beautiful Boy.” If you want your heart to melt, listen to GwEmily sing that to their bro and try to be calm and cool. It’s impossible.

We love laughing at how quickly his attention can turn from one person to the next. He can have a huge smile on his face, and then turn to look the other way and his concerned face comes out. 

Jake is super excited to start giving Wade food. We got a high chair from Ikea and Jake set it up faster than I've ever seen him set up a new piece of furniture. 

Wade is back to being a little constipated. He never seems to be in pain, so maybe we can't call it constipation? But he used to poop every day and now he's doing a once a week thing. His doctor says that's normal for breastfed babes and since he's not grunting or acting uncomfortable, he's living his best life. 



I can't get enough of these twins. 

I love this so much. I get his ear imprinted on my arm often and it's such a sweet thing. I love it. 

I can't help it with the sleeping pictures. 

So proud to be in the big bed. 

I've said it once, and I'll say in 1,000 more times, Emily was meant to be a big sister. She loves reading to Wade. 

I wanted a walk. He wanted to not look at me. Compromise. Also, look at me not buckling him in. Will I ever learn?! But this was just us and I wasn't on a hoverboard. 

This is the stroller we take out now that we know Wade wants to see the scenery! I love his chunky everything. 

Hannah and Wade forever!!! 

Wade and I went to the zoo with Londyn and Lena on the very last day of cool weather. 

Another day, another sleep picture. 

Wade cracks me up. I feel like I can see into the future with this picture. He somehow looks like an older man and I laugh every time I see it. 






Comments

mce said…
i love the last picture. jake and wade forever

Popular Posts