Wade is 4 months!!!!

 Wade's experiences, adventures, and hard knocks continue to expand as he lives his life with us!

I already talked about Wade's toenail in the post before this one, but here's a recap-- Wade had an ingrown toenail on his left foot for a few weeks. I tried to soak it away, but opted to take him to a pediatric podiatrist. He removed the toenail and sent it to a lab where it determined that he had MRSA underneath that ingrown nail! Wade got several numbing shots around the toe, and those hurt him so much. When the nail was removed he didn't feel a thing and was babbling to me the whole time. It was a process that was start to finish 13-ish minutes, with eight of those being left alone to let the numbing kicking it. 

Wade had a pretty tough night after the toe nail removal. At first we thought he was in pain, but I now think he just wanted a bath and was crying until he got one! He loves bathing! It's his favorite. We ended up giving him a bath around 12 in the morning and as soon as he was in there he was smiling and happy. After we got him out, he went right to sleep. He's a creature of routine and needed that bath to sleep. He's the sweetest guy!

We try to go on several walks a week. Jake was working, so I took the whole crew (including Fred) on our walk. We went up towards the church building to play in the parking lot. Gwen wanted to ride her hoverboard, and Emily rode her scooter. I was pushing Wade, but Gwen asked over and over for a turn. She wanted to push him while she was on her hoverboard. I said no at first, but then I let her have a small turn. She went slow and carefully, and then I stopped paying attention because a friend of mine, Camilla, pulled into the church lot and we were talking. 

I would glance over every few moments and see Emily having fun with a friend who was at the lot when we got there, and Gwen was zooming around with Wade. I was hesitant, but I kept checking and all was well. I'm a big believer in letting go of my own worries because I KNOW I over-worry. Anyway, I'm talking with Camilla when all of a sudden Gwen screams "HELP ME!" She's about 30 feet away, and she's on the ground, and Wade is on the ground. 

(I'm laughing now writing this, all is well. It's for my posterity to read so I have to put the whole thing in, but truly all is okay!)

 I had been holding Fred's leash, but I immediately hand it to Camilla and sprint over to Gwen and Wade. She's screaming "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Is Wade okay!?" and Wade is screaming. Gwen had stopped pushing him on her hoverboard and put too much of her body weight onto the handle of the stroller and it fell right down, stroller push bar to ground, and Wade fell out. This snafu was made all the more worse because I didn't buckle him into the seat. This was the first time Gwen pushed him on the hoverboard, and normally I pushed so I didn't even think about buckling him in.

 I picked up Wade and started trying to comfort him, but quickly assessed him and saw he was clearly more scared from the drop than hurt. I then quickly went to Gwen's aid. She was so mad and upset with herself. She was saying "I'm so dumb! I hurt him!" all while crying and being afraid. I hugged her and told her she did a great job! She called out for help IMMEDIATELY. She didn't wait, she didn't leave his side, she was loud enough to hear, and clear! She cried and cried, but Wade was also still crying. 

At this point, Camilla had made it over with Fred and started loving on Gwen and telling her she did a good job while I held Wade. I realized he wasn't going to stop crying for a while,  so we started going home. In hind sight, I should've asked Camilla for a ride, but alas! 

We start walking, scootering, and hoverboarding home, and Gwen is losing it. She couldn't stop begrudging herself for this accident. We said several prayers on our walk home that Gwen would be able to get a good, calm breath, that Wade wouldn't have a head injury that we couldn't see, and that Emily's legs wouldn't get tired so we could all hustle our bustle. 

Once home, Gwen immediately took her hoverboard to the garbage. She said she never would ride it again. I told her to not throw it away. She worked hard for the money to buy it. Today was an accident. We'll all learn and never have this lesson again. I convinced her to just put the board in our guest room until she was ready for it again. It hasn't moved since that day. I even just recently asked her to bring it on our walk and she stared at me with her mouth wide open, like she couldn't believe I could just move on from that accident. 

That night, Gwen said the most heartfelt and sweetly painful prayer. She prayed to Heavenly Father to not let Wade die. She prayed to never forget what happened. It was so sad. At one point in the night, I woke up to her crying. I went in and talked to her, and she said she thought Wade was going to die even though we prayed. I had Gwen get out of bed and we went into Wade's bedroom together where he was sleeping very peacefully. We stayed and watched him breathe, and when Gwen was still nervous, I poked and prodded him for good measure. Gwen saw him squirm and twitch, and felt good enough to sleep. 

Since that day, Gwen worries about everything that involves Wade moving. If Emily holds him, she gets almost manic. I have to remind her that Wade (and all children) are tough! They are made to get scratched up! But she is on high alert at all times. I'm hopeful we can get her to be playful and silly again with Wade. I can see it on the horizon and I'm glad. 

Wade was completely fine. Not a single scratch. No bump, no bruise, nothing. Again, he was more afraid of the fall than anything. As soon as we got home, I fed him and he was back to himself after that meal. He's been great and if anything the adrenaline rush has made Wade already a daredevil. He loves being tossed up and down, and loves to feel that moro reflex when he plays. 

Wade is deep in the hole with a sleep regression so I'm struggling with sleep. He's been up every two hours starting around 1:00 am. I'm reading all the things and trying to space out the feedings, but the girls come in and yell at us if we let him cry too long. hahahahah! 

WE LOVE THIS GUY!

Here is a copy of the instagram post. Wade is more adventurous than ever. From falling out of the stroller while being hoverboarded around, to having his left toenail removed from an ingrown infected with MRSA, we just can’t stop, won’t stop with this guy. Every night is a party and he wants to be up every few hours (lol, help me) (just kidding, don’t help, I’ve got my few good resources and I’m sticking to them 😂). He bucks his body around all over the place and we never know where he’ll end up. Just a few minutes ago I went to check on him and he was on the complete other end of his crib, entirely unwrapped, and had both legs sticking out of the crib all while being 180 degrees rotated. I have to stifle laughs when I get him at night because he could be anywhere. Wadeypoo is 15 pounds and 7 ounces of chunk. His 3-6 month clothes don’t fit, so we’ve moved on to 6 and 6-9. He loves adrenaline rushes and can’t get enough of his Moro reflex. He has a rocker chair that we strap him into and he kicks and kicks and laughs as he goes higher and lower! The nicknames that have stuck are Waderick, Guy, Man, Wadles, and a number of sounds that we all make out of sheer deliciousness from seeing him. Every bath time has us all admiring him, even though he tries to roll off the counters and buck out of his baby bath. W has been striking gold at the gym child care because the girls just love to hold him since he’ll nap on them and smile on them. I feel immense joy each time he toots on me, and I’m both shocked and proud at how stinky he already is.


















Comments

Camilla said…
I feel so bad. I should have offered you a ride. That was so crazy. I am so glad wade was ok. Love you guys.

Popular Posts