November 2022

 November was calm for us because having Wade born earlier than we expected made us slow down! 

We enjoyed the company of my mom for the second week of the month and she spoiled us with outings with the girls, meals, and quite a wardrobe for Wade! 

Our church congregation really served us a lot and brought us meals to celebrate Wade. We are so thankful for that community. We also had friends bring meals and pick up the girls for park and play dates, and it was amazing. Being served is something I'm learning to accept graciously! I think serving is often a way I like to help others, but being served is just incredible. 

The girls had their annual turkey trot! We love this event. The girls embellish their wins and it brings me joy. They always tell us they won first, and then as they tell and retell, the truth comes out and we hear that they were NOT faster than the turkey. It's so funny to count on that, but I do. 

For Thanksgiving, Jake took Gwen and Emily to Becky's house. The girls LOVE their cousins, and baby Londyn was there, too. Wade and I stayed home to avoid any sickies. We were bored but healthy! Jake brought home some leftovers and I ate them so fast. He was surprised I ate them all, but I stand by the fact that it seemed like they were all for me. haha

Jake is working as an assistant coach for Heritage Academy's basketball team. It's been the off-season, so he wasn't too busy, but this month has taken off for him. He goes to practice every day, and he loves it. We often talk about "what brings me real joy" and he has constantly talked about working with these teenagers. He loves it. He is so great. 



Turkey trot crews

Wade and mom forever

Found this little creepy gem

Cutest boys I've ever seen! 


I love him. He slept like this for hours and I love him so so so so so so so so much. 


Comments

mce said…
I love everything that you wrote. except for the first sentence, i didn't understand that. anyways love you all. mce

Popular Posts