February and March 2021

 I waited a while to write up February and March because my mind was so full, busy, and anxious that it was easiest to let the blog go to the wayside instead of more important things. 

At last, I've found a balance again so I'm back for updates. Hopefully this balance stays a while!

My sister visited us in January and did Gwen's and Emily's hair and it ignited a fire in me wanting to learn. Braiding is hard for me and I really wanted to work on it. I did one attempt and it was decent, but then I forgot and it was off my mind entirely. 

While on a walk one morning I was talking to a neighbor and I saw three faces from his fence. It was a sibling set of labradors, and that was so cute to see. 

GWEN WAS STAR STUDENT! She had been waiting and waiting for her time to arrive, and one Wednesday she told me, "I'm going to be the very last star student." This was very sad to her! That same Friday she brought home the news that it was her turn! She was so excited. She got to sit on the stage on lunch time and invite a friend to join her, she got to be line leader, and she got to bring a poster about herself. She told the class she loves her family and Disneyland. She told them she loves to swim and that she wants to be an explorer when she grows up. She is the best person.

I went to Dillard's on a hunt for new shoes for the girls and found the prettiest outfits. Emily loved wearing her pink dress and Gwen has been on a "I want to wear pants to church" kick, so when I found a black jumpsuit with Gwen's name all over it, I HAD to bring it! I wish I could show the confidence these girls have, but even pictures don't capture their strong senses of self. 

Emily's bike was stolen off of our front porch. We have pictures of the thief and enjoy sharing the video we got off our Ring camera with anyone and everyone. We quickly replaced the bike because we've been riding non stop. 

We have a new cousin. Lena and Bret had their first baby girl, and Londyn is the cutest! Lena is kicking motherhood in the butt and rocking it. It's been so fun to see her grow into this new role. 

We had a big movie night in our front yard to celebrate a new Disney movie coming out. We invited all of our neighbors and watched with a fire, popcorn, and neighbors galore. 

We went up north to celebrate our spring break and it was amazing. The weather was gorgeous, and we got snow on top of being able to see family and play with friends. 

Gwen started soccer. Her team is called the Crazy Green Frogs, and at their last game, Gwen got a goal and blocked a few as well! 

For Gwen's birthday, we had a big birthday party and invited all of her class at school. We got some fancy cupcakes and a beautiful cake from our favorite cake lady, Sherrie. 

I started working part time. I swore off working after leaving A. T. Still because of the horrendous atmosphere at the end of my time there. I wasn't looking for jobs, but a boss I used to have contacted me out of the blue and things just clicked. I'm thankful to have them as my workplace and imagine I'll be with them for a while. 

Lately the blog I use has been messing up when I add photos and captions, and it puts the pictures all out of order. It's annoying, but I figure if someone sees a picture and needs some background, you'll call or email. Until then, I'm considering moving the blog entirely but am not super sure how to do that yet. 










































Comments

mce said…
You wrote, You wrote. Thank you for the update. Did Gwendolyn really wear black pants for Easter ?!?!?!?!? Hard to imagine !!! Love you lots !!!

Popular Posts