December 2018

December started off right with a weekend of family!

Gwen and Emily had their first dance recitals with The Dance Barn. Earlier in the semester, Gwen told me she wanted to invite her grandmas and grandpas, so we wrote to all three sets (Ellsworths, Denhams, and Bishops) and invited them! We had just had the Denhams over, so they went back home to the mountains, but we loved the company of Grammie Jan and GramE and Papa!

My mom arrived a few days early and we went to see Dear Evan Hansen! It was incredible! I think it was the best show I've ever seen. I loved it. It was a stressful show built around a character's lie, and at times the stress I felt had me gripping my mom's hand for dear life! She was a champ about me holding her hand! Ha!

We went and saw the newest Spiderman movie with Jeremy, Kate, Megan, and Morgan and we loved it so much!

WE GOT A NEW ROOF! Merry Christmas to us! Our roof had been leaking from the several large rain storms we had gotten, and insurance covered the cost of replacing it! It's beautiful, and every time I see it, I feel so thankful for our home and the literal roof over our heads. We love this place and will never move!

Day 1, delivering supplies to the top of the roof. We loved watching!
Day 1, everything delivered.
We had a low key Christmas, and loved every minute of it!
Roof progress!
Roof progress!
Gwen and the crane

Post dance recital. Hungry and tired short people plus the Ellsworths!


Chrismtas jammies!


Ward Christmas party with Santa Claus

Emily and a motorcycle


Mom and I at Dear Evan Hansen!

Gwen enjoyed wearing the Christmas tree skirt as her own skirt.

Grammie Jan and Gwen!

Grammie Jan and Emily!

Christmas Sunday

He visited us!

Emily learned how to take selfies. Also, she got a big owie after running in the gym parking lot and tripping on her own feet.


Gwen, ready for her dance number!

Bishop family Christmas jammies!

Gwen got legos for Christmas and has loved them so much!

Picnic during the roof delivery. We look rough but had a blast!

Emily did NOT want a picture with Santa, but she is ready for recital, too!

More Emily selfies.

Gwen and Santa!

Girls at the spiderman movie!

Kyli came over and Emily selfied us! I love this!


Emily, Jake, Grammie Jan, and Gwen. Notice the still-irritable short people?



Comments

Popular Posts