Utah Trip!!

Our Sugarhouse, UT AirBnb

 I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and I love Pioneer Day. For years I've wanted to go to the concert MoTab does near the Pioneer Day holiday, and this is the year we made it happen! We got cheap plane tickets from Allegiant Air in Mesa and flew to Provo, stayed Friday, Saturday and came home Sunday. We rented a home through AirBnb and it was the best accommodations I've ever had! It was so nice to have multiple bedrooms, a kitchen, and more while on vacation! We loved Utah! I realized, on this vacation, that I'm going to be the mom who follows her kids. . . we went to Brigham Young University to explore. The whole time we were there, we'd say things like-we'll go to all the games when we visit them at BYU, we'll stay in their apartment, we might as well buy a place so we can just stay here whenever we want to see them, we should keep a car there too. . . and the list goes on! So, sorry Gwen and Emily! We're planning on following you!

Gwen was so excited to be on a plane! We flew on Emily's birthday, and then met up with my parents, and two sisters! We ate dinner and had cake at a pizza place and it was great!

We visited so many temples and played in the grass at all of them! Utah was beautiful. I love traveling to see our state neighbors! I SO look forward to all the adventures we'll take together! I love my crew.



Happy birthday!

Jake is the champ of all husbands and dads.

I had to get patted down because we brought milk that was a little too cold. My entourage was pleased. We enjoyed the break, and the agent doing the check was so thankful that we weren't rude. I told Gwen, "G, if you see anyone being rude about getting patted down, don't get on the plane with that person!" HA!

Twins!

She was pumped. My only discouragement with Allegiant is that we paid for a window seat and didn't get a window. Oh well!
random placement, but us!

BLURRY BUT SO EXCITED! (Me, of course. Jake was hesitant to fly with kids, smart man)
Planes and cars park together!

We made it! We loved our rental car! It was a Ford Expedition and it was legit fancy. I liked it more than our 2016 4Runner.
Mount Timpanogos Temple

Provo aka #1 Birthday Cake Temple



This girl is such an adventurer. It's hard to get pictures of her because she is always so ready to explore. I love her. Crazy hair courtesy of our flight.


Future Cougars! We learned the mascot's name, and Gwen was terrified of a statue of Cosmo in the bookstore. Prior to learning Cosmo's name, we called him Craig.

Resting at the AirBnb in Sugarhouse. Can we talk about how Utah doesn't understand the theory of getting dark outside for bedtime!?

Birthday celebration!

Our celebration crew all arrived at different times and so we didn't get a picture, but we had a great time.

❤❤❤❤❤

Walking to Temple Square

Gwen was amazed at this temple/castle!

Salt Lake City Temple
This was the prettiest! Provo City Center Temple

Utah State Capital=my future home. This is the most beautiful building I've ever seen. All of my good pictures are somehow videos, not just images, so here's our yucky windshield shot.

Pre Concert Dinner! We went with our friends from Flagstaff and they got a babysitter for all of the kids. My hair is flat, but my mood was voluminous enough to make up for it!

The concert was great!!!!

We love Utah. Utah forever. Dating forever.

Right after we landed back in Mesa. Bumpy flight=fun for Gwen, though tiring.
Right after we landed in Mesa and the real heroes got the short people home without falling asleep at the wheel.

Comments

mce said…
Hello dearest Verity. this blog is dated in AUGUST 2017. lets hear some more about your wonderful family. love, mce

Popular Posts