March 2017

March is always an eventful month for our family because we start and end it with birthdays!

For Christmas (2016) I got Jake a few sets of tickets to different Phoenix Sun's games. We got to go together to one, and had pretty decent seats! It was so much fun, and I'm always happy for date night!

The following Saturday, I successfully threw J a 30th surprise birthday party! It was very low key, and we met our friends at the park so all of the kids could play while we talked and ate. I had been telling Jake all week that we would be going with our friends to the zoo on Saturday (party day) morning. Right when we were "supposed" to go to the zoo, I let him know that our friends had JUST cancelled. Since we were already dressed, I suggested a park play date and we walked on over. My parents brought the cake and balloons I had purchased and dropped off, and Carolyn was there with signs to lead us to the party. Jake had mentioned that if he ever had a surprise party, he wanted the most expensive sign twirler I could find. . . so Carolyn was a perfect fit! She is the best! Jake didn't even realize what was going on even though he saw balloons. He thought it was just a kid's party. It wasn't until we closed in on the friends and family that he realized it was for him!

On Jake's actual birthday (March 8), we went and got doughnuts at Krispy Kreme! Gwen had so much fun watching the doughnuts get made, and Emily had fun watching us eat and not share with her.

St. Patrick's day was semi-uneventful, but Gwen wore a green head sash for about  6 minutes that made the entire holiday worthwhile. We had a fun family dinner that involved Mar-mar(Grandma) declaring her disgust of corned beef! It was hilarious and a highlight that I'll always remember!

The Roller family visited from Texas and we had fun playing with them as much as schedules allowed! We sure love them, and it's so much fun to see their interactions!

The girls and I went to the zoo! I haven't been since elementary school! It was so fun! We had no expectations, but the day went so amazing. I lost Gwen once and that was terrifying, but she ended up only being a few yards away from me at a play area, and I just couldn't see her. Scary.  I liked the baboons the most. There was a baby one that would screech, and I loved it! There is a large tower thing that Gwen really had fun climbing with her friend, Farris. One of the best parts of living back in the valley is having such great friends with little people the same-ish ages as our little people! Farris is the boss of Gwen, and I love it so much.

The HOA for our neighborhood put together a movie night, and Gwen and I did a girls night and walked over! We got hot dogs, popcorn, and ice cream, while we watched Pete's Dragon in the park! It was so fun!

We really like to go on Sunday drives because after naps, we have no big plans and church for us is over at 11 am! Gwen loves seeing the temple, and so we switch between Mesa and Gilbert. When we went to the Gilbert one last, Gwen had a meltdown because of something that I can't remember. It was comical, and I took a picture of it.

Next up was Gwendolynny Face Cutesy Popsicle's birthday! SHE IS THREE! How did this happen!? She loves trolls and playdo, so that's what we got her! She also loves bandaids, and when I saw Trolls bandaids, the birthday gods smiled at me and encouraged me to get those as well. She was very pleased and asks for a bandaid every night. Kyndra made Gwen a cake, and her family celebrated Gwen and made my heart melt. We struck gold with Kyndra.

The day after her birthday, Gwen had her second dental appointment, but first in this new-to-us office! They office was great. She let Gwen take multiple prizes, and Gwen was only scared for a few minutes! We love our doctor, and are excited to see him again! Gwen had no cavities and is an excellent brusher and flosser, thank you very much!

We've had the fun opportunity to babysit and play with our good friends on Fridays while the momma works. We love those sweet girls and all of them are our best friends and soul sisters. We also went to a really cool balance bike park with them, and it was so great watching Berlyn and Gwen tear it up! They are both so brave and independent! Best girls ever!!!

Jake and Emily
Hilarious and unflattering for the both of us!

Diaz girls + Denham girls




Gwen's birthday morning
Jake helping G open her trolls




Post dental visit!


Happy birthday to Jake! Who knows what Gwen is even doing? Not me.
Emily watching the doughnut eating
Happy birthday, Gwen!!!!!!

The Diaz family + Gwen.

G never randomly falls asleep, so this was a first!

Gwen doing what the sign says NOT to do.

This thing surprised me multiple times. It's right behind a corner and I thought it was real every time.

GOING TO THE ZOO!

Sometimes they're thrilled to see me after work, and sometimes they are not thrilled at all!

Cousins!!!


Emily and Holliday

Basketball game date night

Jake's party!

Carolyn and Emily

Best girls ever








Comments

Carolyn said…
That goat thing looks REAL!!!

I will gladly hire myself out for birthday party sign spinning :P

Love the march birthdays!

Popular Posts