December 2016

Gwendolyn decided to start the month of by aging 3 extra years, and only wanted piggy tails and pony tails with her skinny jeans and tennis shoes. She obviously gets older and older every day, but she really is looking older, too.

One of my cousins introduced us to a bike attachment for children, and we have loved our WeeRide seat for Gwen! She and I go on a bike ride together nearly every day and she is always showing me the birds on the light posts or the cats in the bushes. She loves exploring and our bikes make it extra fun! Thanks, Dallas!

Because of the holiday season, we got to spend a lot of time with family! The Claridges came and we all went to Krazy Air. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again--I love that place. We can jump for hours and get root beer flavored ice cream after, so it is always a success.

The Roller's visited over Christmas and it was so fun to watch Gwen and Ren play together. I loved on Curtis every moment I could, and gazed at sweet Clayton! He is such a handsome and smart boy! I love them! And Corden is just sturdy and I loved getting a workout in while holding him.

This was the first year that Gwen, Emily, and I have ever been to Jake's family's Christmas tradition at Grandma Uchytil's home! They do biscuits and gravy every year and end the night by caroling and seeing the temple lights. We got to Grandma's house around 5:15pm and were surprised when we were the first (apart from Vonnie and Walt)  who'd arrived for the 5:30 start time! Around 5:45pm, Grandma told us that she told the rest of the family to arrive at 6:30pm! Ha! By that time, Becky, Stan and the girls had gotten there, so we all just laughed and ate dinner "like one pig waits for another." I will never forget the look on Vonnie's face! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends for my in-laws.

Christmas Eve was a blast! We hosted at our place and did Mexican food. We played a fun game and sang songs after reading the Bible together. Next year I'm planning on doing nativity so I need to up my game for those costumes.

This is our third year doing a movie night on Christmas Eve! We had Christmas stuff set up right after the girls went to bed, so we got popcorn going and watched Sully! I cried so much! That man went through so much and he was so humble through it all!

We potty trained Gwen! I had the week off in between Christmas and New Years and I decided to use that week to train her! The first day included a lot of accidents but we all stayed positive! The second day, Gwen woke up from her nap dry and had a accident free afternoon, and by the weekend she was completely good! It's only been a week now, but she is such a great learner and so determined! I love seeing her grow!

We've continued on in our fun date nights! This month I took Jake to get his first pedicure! He won't tell you but he liked it a lot! After pedicures, we got dinner and went to see Star Wars: Rogue One. We had some friends meet up with us there, and it was so fun!


Gwen plays hard. This is dirt from making mud pies with her best friend. I love her.
That bum!

Jake and Gwen getting ready for a cruise!

Papa looks angry and Gwen looks scared, but they both were having a good time. ha!

Emily's favorite (and only) Christmas toy! We wrapped up food and diapers for her. haha!

Christmas Sunday, Water Wow book, and sparkles.

She is a cupcake and Jake is so handsome!


She loves her new helmet and princess dress (jammies.) We're really tricking this kid into things. Jammies as a princess dress!? Pfft. Hahah!

EMMERS.

Freddy! He got an embarrassing haircut, but he loves his blanket that one of my favorite patients gifted him!

Christmas was set up at 7:05 pm sharp. HA!

Matching jammies!

Three generations of Uchytil women!

Grandpa and Grandma forever!

Poor Grandma. Gwen was not having it. Clearly Vonnie enjoyed every second! HA! Love you!

Pretty woman!

Gwen's happy place.

She kept saying, "Please don't take my peek-chore, Mommy"

Jogging buddies!

These three are snuggle buddies. . . just kidding. Emily only likes to snuggle me. BFF.

Her dark hair is slowly all disappearing!

Girl, I get it. I totally get the Jamba Juice life.

See? Told ya. Besties.

Karen Christine+Gwendolyn Yvonne=RenGwen

She is so fun to play with.

Blurry comparison of the cutest babies I've ever seen, EVER.

Three generations of Christensen/Ellsworth girls!

Jake in the pedicure chair.






Comments

Popular Posts