Happy Birthday to Gwendolyn!

I can't believe baby Gwen isn't a baby anymore. For the past few months, I've transitioned from calling her "my baby" to "my daughter," but I understand now that children will always be their parent's babies.

Gwendolyn is a fabulous person.
She loves calling Grandma and Grandpa.
She loves to FaceTime with cousins.
Gwen loves popcorn and she loves mac and cheese.
She loves opening the sliding door for Fred, and loves even more to try and shut him in it.
Gwendolyn loves us so much. When Jake comes home from work, she immediately calls out "Daddy" until she can get to him and hug and kiss him. When I get home from working, she'll run over to me and ask to be held, and just say "Mom-mom" over and over, all while patting my back.
Gwendle loves working outside with Jake. They can pull weeds and garden for hours.
She loves stealing seats from people.
Gwen's favorite friends for bedtime are 1.Her orange baby and 2.Her reindeer. She needs them to be sitting by her or she can't sleep.
Gwen loves drawing. I've scrubbed countless walls from her escapades with pens, and have now moved on to colored pencils.
She loves going on walks with me, as long as the sun isn't in her eyes.
She LOVES the park.
Gwendolyn loves going to the nursery at church. She loves her teachers, and doesn't like leaving them.
She loves naps.
Gwen has multiple moms. I really am thankful for the village that helped me raise Gwen, so when she calls grandmas and aunts "Mom-mom" it fills my heart. I couldn't have been successful without all the love we have flowing in.

Gwen does not like to be sprayed with the hose outside. She enjoys spraying others, but if she gets sprayed, the game has gone too far. :)
She is absolutely terrified of showers. In our tubs, the shower will turn on if a knob on the faucet is pulled out. She has pulled it only a few times, and each time causes mad fits of laughter to Jake and I, and a very sad and upsetting experience for Gwen. I have a feeling she'll love baths for life.
Mini does not enjoy sharing anything other than food. If it's food, she'll gladly send some over(even candy) if you say thank you. If you want the Lego that's near her that she hasn't seen in 5 hours and has no interest in and take it, she will rip it out of your hands faster than I can eat an Oreo.

I'm so thankful for Gwendolyn. She is adventurous and loves exploring. She loves giving out hugs and high fives to anyone that will ask. She is always playing the piano with me, and when we do our nightly routine of scriptures, song and prayer, she will sing with us and try to read her scriptures. Gwendolyn has been the best addition to our small family. I love her joy and I love her frustration. I know this girl is going to go amazing places in life, and I'm so happy that I get to watch her adventure unfold on a daily basis.









Comments

Kylie Pond said…
Can't believe she's two! She is such a cutie. We should have a play date sometime!

Popular Posts