10 year olds are the coolest.

When J and I got our first calling in the Peak View Ward, we were super nervous because we were put into primary. Luckily J had younger sisters, and I have nieces and nephews to experiment with!!! We told the class that if they all successfully memorized the Articles of Faith that we would have a pizza party! Pizza was the motivating factor, but they definitely accomplished the goal and every single one of them memorized all thirteen articles!

Tonight was our party night. We bought 8 pizzas, 5 2-liter soda pops, Cheetos, and a roll of paper towels and the party was a success. I was so nervous about games and if everyone would get along (we've got QUITE the range of personalities in that class!) and it's needless to say that since worrying is my favorite hobby, I was up late into the night stressing about games. I woke up and decided not to go blow a budget and buy games at Target, and I am so glad I didn't! Here is why 10 year olds are the flipping greatest!

10 year olds. . .
1. love love love Cheetos. Thank goodness; J and I hate them!
2. are happier than any living organism when they are given copious amounts of soda.
3. understand that people are different, but haven't realized how to be mean, so they are so inclusive to every.single.person. . .
4. pretend they hate tag, but once a tag game gets started, the party won't stop! J and I have mastered Ryan-tag and toilet tag.
5. play tag for hours on end, take 10 second breaks, and are happy all over again.

There's so many stories I mentally took pictures of so I won't ever forget them. I really like 10 year olds. Now I just need to go to Yuma and play with my oldest nieces and nephews.

Comments

Popular Posts