Belated Wednesday and TV dreams

School is over. I know this has already been a subject of the blog, but HALLELUJAH! We didn't have to wake up for early labs and classes. We didn't have to go to bed after studying for 5 hours. We didn't have to stress about 1. Is the calculator in my backpack!? 2. Does the calculator have batteries!? 3. Where's my clicker!? 4. Have you seen my bike lock?? 5. Did I wear this shirt yesterday?

Another great thing. . . we actually EAT together! I didn't realize that sitting down to eat is such an experience! And and AND we have conversations about things totally NOT school. It's quite amazing.

One bad thing, I already miss school! I used to dream about being a high school teacher because then I could go to school. every. single. day. I'd love that but that's my backup plan now.


Now to something totally random.

When we first were engaged we made up some goals. Among these awesome goals was this: No TV the first year.

We did it! And now we are the proud parents of a too big TV! It's big. And even bigger than you're picturing it in your mind right this second. The best part is that we practically stole it. Best Buy was putting out their newest models and since this one is a year old, it was more than half off. THEN they gave us a billion rebates so we're getting a new printer and then a billion movies. It's quite fantastic, if I do say so myself. . . which I do.

Next week Dr.-to-be Jacob starts his internship. Funfunfun. He'll be "standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona." It's true.

Lastly. I love camping more than anyone in the world. This is also true.

Comments

You should come visit me and we can take my kids camping... since Troy hates it.
Merkley Jiating said…
Breaks from school are the best thing ever. Enjoy time with your man. And the no TV thing, CRAZY!

I am excited to hear all of your weird kid names. :)
Anonymous said…
haha i love that you guys didn't watch tv for a year! what a great idea. also, i love that school is over. :)

Popular Posts