Last years Halloween was. . .

. . . quite the event. My sister Merry-Death and I could not figure out what to be. For the past few years I would throw on a pair of clean scrubs and go as a nurse, doctor, hygienist. . . it worked and was comfy and warm enough to cruise through the box maze and that's all I ever needed.

So since I wanted to impress my super awesome boyfriend with something better than my lack-luster scrub costume, Merry and I ventured to the following: D.I., Goodwill, and Wal-Mart. Well, Merry's always been more creative than me. (I got over it a day ago...) She found some heinous skirt and wham! Inspiration. She would turn an outrageous skirt into a pirate-ess. Let me tell you what. We MADE her leather "bustier", pinned her skirt to ruffle and found fabulous accessories. It was ridiculous how hot she looked!

I, on the other hand, wouldn't be able to see a promising idea if it slapped my in the knee cap. "Why is it so hard to be creative so my boyfriend thinks I'm super rad!?" was my constant thought. At our last stop guess what I found? Tulle. It changed my life. Suddenly I knew how easy it would be to make a tutu! AND since I was making it, I wouldn't look like a Halloween Whore! It was the best news to me! So. 2 bolts of tulle and a black shirt later, this is what happened.


Now OBVIOUSLY my idea wasn't as original as I hoped it to be, but I obviously scored a husband so pshaw! By the way, isn't his suit the coolest???? It's silk from Korea! He looks like a fish!

This year I plan on figuring out my costume the same way. October 30-Wake up, make orange pancakes, stress about what to be, D.I. it up, then miraculously think of something! Voila!





Comments

Carolyn said…
oh how i love you. you were such a babe with that tutu of yours! You're birthday is quickly approaching! woohoo!
Meredith said…
I love my super hot date! He was THE HOTTEST GUY EVER!!!! Oh darn I miss him!!! ha
Nicole said…
i love the orange pancake idea!
Anonymous said…
i love that you saw pshaw. it reminds me of the little house on the prairie books, but in an awesome way :)

love the costumes!
Just stumbled in and wanted to tell you I think you and your hubby are adorable!!! :) Have a lovely day!

Popular Posts