Everyone knows. . .

. . . Life isn't easy. If it were easy, there really would be no point in work, happiness, sadness and all other wonderful feeling-type of emotions.

So basically, in nine days I get to go to the Temple. I'm totally excited. But every night I lay in my bed and think about how I was able to get where I'm going. And every night I think generally about the same people. . . so obviously I have to post about it. PS, they're all ladies.

1. My mom. She is so organized and even though you wouldn't be able to tell right now, she really gave me her organization gene. Through all the planning going on, this lady is on top of her game. . . or my game, I guess. . . My mom is ALWAYS on our (her kids) side. No matter what. Even if she doesn't agree with me, she will defend me. Later it usually ended up with me sitting in the green chair in her room while we discussed the event. When she plays the piano, we all go in and sing. In FHE we will sing without hymn books and be completely confused but laugh the whole 4 verse song. I grew up with weekly family councils. I know how to cook (ish) because she would teach us magic basics. I know that the woman I am growing up to be will be all because of her teaching.

2. Sarah. Sarah is my oldest sister. She used to let me babysit (and she paid SOOOO stinking good!) and she'd always assure me that if I ever had questions or needed someone that she would be there. She taught me how to listen through example when I would call and cry about the most irrational and nuts-oh stuff. Sarah also has let me know that being completely obsessed with a TV show is totally fine because she is an avid LOST lover and fan. I love that I learned how to close my mouth and listen from her.

3. Caroline holy cow. The queen of the blogging world. She is sassy. She says what she wants, when she wants to, and she will never say anything behind your back that she wouldn't say to your face. Caroline taught me how to not be afraid of my own opinion. I want what I want, when I want it because of her. She moved across the country and we hardly talk, and her oldest girl kind of thinks I'm dead. . . but Caroline is the reason that I will be proud of my opinion.

4. Berit has taught me SO much through our years. I know how to put on makeup because of her, I know how to smell good and I learned how to pull out of hard situations with a smile because of her. She was a daily example of kindness to me. We can fight like a war, but in the end, she'll always call laughing about something weird to get us to forget about it. Berit is the most sensitive person I know and she has taught me so many lessons on kindness. She will forgive anyone, but more importantly, she'll actually forget. Berit has shown me how to be the best I can be and she has the most BEAUTIFUL, Broadway soprano voice I have ever heard!

5. Meredith. Merry-Death. A jolly kill. She is my best friend. We didn't like each other until I was going into my freshman year and the only reason we became friends was because we were stuck in the car, going to CANADA, and we had to band together if we were to survive the huge trip. Merry Death is my dancing partner, my TV partner, my shopping partner, my perm lover. . . this girl will literally beat people to defend me. Meredith is the most vivacious person I know. She is honest, sometimes brutally, but it's always for me. She tells it like it is. For some reason, people get our insides mixed up! They think I'm the one that can get scary, and that Merry is sensitive but WOOOO is that backwards! Mer will probably scare me to death, literally, one day, but I know I'll always have a partner in crime to double team someone if necessary.

6. Maria joined my family a back in the single digit 2000's. She's soft-spoken, but by being so, she's taught me how to communicate efficiently. Maria is everything cool in a girl. She's Canadian, she loves the outdoors, she teaches her little girl about Jesus and temple marriage. There's nothing NOT to admire about Maria. She has also been a great example of love to me. She only says the kindest things-- Maria is the best sister-in-law there ever has been! She literally has become our true and real sister!

7. Kyli. Klar is my swimmer. We met in junior high, but we became friends in high school when she joined the swim team. Our chemistry was immediate! She sadly moved to Idaho for my senior year of high school, but came back a year later to graduate in Mesa. Kyli pushed me to my swimming limits and my spiritual boundaries and then broke me through the wall like a train! I got my first real nickname from her! Kyli taught me the importance of being true to the gospel and listening to her bear her testimony DAILY got me through hard times in life. Kyli can never decide how she wants her hair done and usually just lets it grow because of it. She had really cool scabs on her face for her senior prom. I can't even remember what happened, but it was scabbed all over her chin! She's so cool like that!

8. Carolyn. I love me some Carolyn. We didn't go to the same school, but when my ward left me out of activities at girls camp, she came and swooped me into the Three Nephites and the rest is history. We served on the Youth Committee together, we met my first exchange students together (We are from Germany!) and because we had similar experiences after high school, it's easy to have a real, true conversation with hilarious opinions! I have never been disappointed in her actions. I've never felt betrayed by her. Carolyn is the friend you don't have to see every day. We see each other rarely (even though we like 5 minutes away) but when we reunite, conversation is easy, chat is humorous and inside jokes are to be had. Carolyn has taught me to keep looking up. In hard times I only see her smile and that is a perfect definition of her.


Of course more than eight people have influenced my life, but these women made me who I am and I am almost ready for life because of the examples they are to me. Nine days and a bottle of Clinique's toner till June 17, 2010. Happy day!

Comments

I've convinced them that you're actually alive. Now they think Morgan is dead.
Merkley Jiating said…
So sweet! Of the ones I know, I love them, too!
Sister Larson said…
I love my VKae! :)) Desprately. I know that we'll be together forever.
Carolyn said…
oh how I love thee. :)

Popular Posts